Does this sound like you? Check below the cut for the complete job listing and then send a copy of your resume to Tricia Thomas at jonathan@IF-Chicago.com.
Innovation factory is a new concept in industrial design, bringing the latest technologies for design, modeling, prototyping, and manufacturing to Main Street. Beginning in Chicago in July, Innovation Factory will open a series of design centers in major cities across the country at which designers, engineers, architects and entrepreneurs can meet, share design ideas and collaborate on projects, using the latest 3-D design and printing technologies. Our design centers will be equipped with Apple iMacs hosting state of the art 3-D design programs such as SolidWorks and Mathematica, state of the art 3-D printers from Fortis and other leading manufacturers, ultra-fast internet connectivity, product training on 3-D design and modeling, together with access to experts who can advise on topics ranging from the technical aspects of design and modeling through to manufacturing and marketing. Customers will be able to market their designs at the center and online, at the Innovation factory web site. Innovation Factory’s aim is to provide the technology, expertise and infrastructure to enable designers with fresh ideas to move quickly and seamlessly from design concept to production, in a stimulating and supportive environment where they will find encouragement, and creative input from like-minded innovators and design experts.
JOB DESCRIPTION – TRAINEE DESIGN CONSULTANT
Based in our Chicago center in the West Loop, the trainee design consultant will provide on-site expertise in all aspects of 3-D design and printing to the company’s customers including:
· Use of 3-D design software
· Design counseling
· 3-D print job optimization, pricing and scheduling
· Operation of 3-D printers
· Web materials and in-store display
The role will also entail developing new sales leads for the company by calling on prospective customers in the design, architecture, medical and manufacturing industries in the Chicago area.
· A detailed understanding of Solidworks 3-D design software and its applications. A certification would be a distinct advantage.
· Some knowledge of other 3-D design systems would be advantage (CAD, Autodesk, Rhino, Sketchup, Mathematica)
· Familiarity with Fortis 3-D printers and their operation
· Working knowledge of MS-Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
· A bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design, architecture, or engineering
· Some familiarity with networking and client/server architectures would be useful
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Work experience in a design/architectural/engineering firm would be a distinct advantage
Send a copy of your resume to Tricia Thomas at jonathan@IF-Chicago.com